Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wiredupjax

Power Query import, set a static data then append

Dear Bi Community--

Newbie here learning Power BI/Query.  

Scenario: importing weekly Vonage call logs. They do not include the data of the weekend/ending or any date.  Thus, I have already transformed the data and have my steps.

I'm trying to import a csv, then create a column that i can manually enter a weekending date then append it to a master file.

However, the week ending data set during the steps is getting set to the file I am merging into.

Recos?

Thank you in advance. Best, Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Store your weekly Vonage call logs as CSV on a OneDrive or SharePoint. Include the retrieval date in the file name if you like.  In Power Query ingest all the CSV files in that folder.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI has no memory* . You need to manage your snapshots in the upstream system. * Yes, there is the self referencing option but that has no safety net.

I'm not sure I understand how this helps me solve my problem. What steps should I take to preserve or deal w/ the append so it has a date stamp?

Store your weekly Vonage call logs as CSV on a OneDrive or SharePoint. Include the retrieval date in the file name if you like.  In Power Query ingest all the CSV files in that folder.

Ya feelin stupid here. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors