Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PatrickArrastia
Regular Visitor

Power Query and pagination

Hello,

I am trying to paginate through an unknown number of pages. There is a value in the table called "end_of_stream", which I think could be used for this. Once there are no more pages the "end_of_stream" value = true.
I believe there is a way to use List.Generate to achieve this just unsure of how to get there.

In this run the only code I have so far is below, screenshot highlighting the table with the "end_of_stream" value below that.

let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("insert subdomain.zendesk.com here")
#"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(Source)
in
#"Converted to Table"

end_of_stream.png

Ideally, PQ will loop through the pages until it sees the "end_of_stream" value = true.

This particular api uses cursor-based pagination as opposed to offset with a max of 100 per page

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @PatrickArrastia 

Your problem is very similar to this one

Solved: Need Help with Stripe REST API Pagination in Power... - Microsoft Power BI Community

You can try this code which of course needs a little modification to include your URL

let
    APICall = 

List.Generate
        (  
            () => [ APIData = Json.Document(Web.Contents("insert subdomain.zendesk.com here")) , EndData = APIData[end_of_stream] ],

each [EndData] = "FALSE",

each [ APIData = Json.Document(Web.Contents("insert subdomain.zendesk.com here")) , EndData = [APIData][end_of_stream] ],

each [APIData]
        )
in
    APICall

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @PatrickArrastia 

Your problem is very similar to this one

Solved: Need Help with Stripe REST API Pagination in Power... - Microsoft Power BI Community

You can try this code which of course needs a little modification to include your URL

let
    APICall = 

List.Generate
        (  
            () => [ APIData = Json.Document(Web.Contents("insert subdomain.zendesk.com here")) , EndData = APIData[end_of_stream] ],

each [EndData] = "FALSE",

each [ APIData = Json.Document(Web.Contents("insert subdomain.zendesk.com here")) , EndData = [APIData][end_of_stream] ],

each [APIData]
        )
in
    APICall

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PatrickArrastia ;

If you use pagination, consider using Power BI Report Builder;

Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
According to my understanding, you mean that when "end_of_stream" value = true, the later data will not be displayed, only the previous data will be displayed, right?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello!

Thank you for your reply, your understanding is correct. Is there a way to achieve this by only using Power Query in Excel? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors