Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

carmenng

Power Query Rounding issue

I am trying to use "Round Conc" column to round any number in "Concentration (%)" to 3 decimal place.

Expectation:

38.4188 -> 38.419  [now it is correct]

0.1315 -> 0.132  [but it now give 0.1320]

27.0996 -> 27.100   [but it now give 27.1]

The code I now use is: 

#"Round Conc" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed as report - before round", "Round Conc", each Number.ToText(Number.Round(Number.From([#"Concentration (%)"]), 3))),

I have tried changing the data type but it does not work.

I now have to change it to text, split by ".", format the digits to the right of dot to 3 characters. It solves the 27.1 but still 0.1320 is not solved.

Any idea? Thank you all.

carmenng_0-1681810930602.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlienSx
Super User
Super User

Hello, @carmenng Number.ToText function has an optional format parameter. Read function description on MS site. Try this:

Number.ToText(Number.Round(Number.From([#"Concentration (%)"]), 3), "N3")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlienSx
Super User
Super User

Hello, @carmenng Number.ToText function has an optional format parameter. Read function description on MS site. Try this:

Number.ToText(Number.Round(Number.From([#"Concentration (%)"]), 3), "N3")
ChielFaber
Super User
Super User

Somebody had a similar issue some time ago. Take a look at: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Changing-data-type-from-number-to-text-adds-trailing-ze...

It seems the Number.ToText and Text.From functions both create the same situation that your dealing with.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors