Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

J1298
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power BI issue "Cube Table must have exactly one island" (2)

As the other issue has been resolved for some people, the issue still exists with others.

@Microsoft Farnoud.  Please continue on this issue.

Setup:  

SP files,  Semantic Model (Dataset ) within PBI Services,   Report connected to Semantic Model.

Report on PBI Desktop,   Nov 2023 version,   all is ok.

Report on PBI Desktop,   Febr 2024 version,  refresh gives "Cube Table must have exactly one island" error.

Repeatable, tested on 2 LT's with fresh installed App PowerBI febr 2024.   (Before uninstalled all powerBI apps, local and/or App).

Report was build on Dec 6,  2023, probably with Nov or Dec 2023 version of PBI.

This report gives the error, when refreshing data.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi  Ciaciax4,

It will be fixed in the march update.  So you could revert back to dec/nov 2023 version for now.

View solution in original post

It has been solved and updated in the Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024).  Update your version (app). 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
zbrock

Issue still exists in Version: 2.128.952.0 64-bit (April 2024)

They must have re-introduced it. It was fixed in 2.126.1261.0

J1298
Advocate II
Advocate II

Update:

As said, I can repeat the error many times.

So Farnoud is investigating the results of the logs.

I have received a couple of TEMP Pbi.exe 's from Farnoud to trace/log the error message.

At this moment I got a "PotentialFix.exe" from Farnoud.  This version made the issue go away. Waiting now for Farnoud's messages how we can proceed.

Possible steps: 

- the Fix should also be tested in general, not causing any other issues

- the potentialFix is the solution, somehow to bring it into the production version

@farnoud,  Many thanks for helping out, to find a real solution.

Hi - I've only just encountered this issue and am understandably frustrated.   Everything was working so well and then Boom it stops.

With regards to the "PotentialFix" - is there an update or details on this so that i can try to see if it fixes it for me?

Thank you to all who have suggested fixes

Hi  Ciaciax4,

It will be fixed in the march update.  So you could revert back to dec/nov 2023 version for now.

It has been solved and updated in the Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024).  Update your version (app). 

Thank you for keeping us updated.   Your recommendations (to roll back) got me out of a real pickle and have validated that the update has work.  Really appreciate your assistance

Samotana
Frequent Visitor

I still have the issue "Store semantic model using TMDL format and Enhanced publish dialogs" did not help, i get the error message when adding a second direct query to semantic model

kleigh
Resolver III
Resolver III

I had this issue and fixed it by closing all windows of Power BI and restarting.

One symptom I noticed was the dashboard causing a problem was not showing values in the visuals on open. I refreshed and that is when the error happened. Could this be a caching problem?

joseangel

I had the same issue. It resolved when I added new features in the preview features and restarted Power BI. I think it was Store semantic model using TMDL format and Enhanced publish dialogs features

Solved: Re: Power BI error " Cube Table must have exactly ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Issue still exist,  if it has solved in some cases.  I opened this thread for the ones who did not solve yet.

So please do not add any solved cases in this thread.   Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors