Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tlarson1
Regular Visitor

Plot points to distance

I have a power bi with map that I want to show employee addresses and shop addresses.  With this I can select a shop address then it will show me the distance to closest employees BUT for some reason I'm when I select an employee it won't show shop within range of that employee.  I have addresses on one excel sheet with latitude and longitude, what am I missing that it won't show the same if I select shop or employee?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Tlarson1
Regular Visitor

yes but i want it to show Shops that are within a range of employees address also.

Hi @Tlarson1 ,

Consider creating a disconnected table (like distinct(employee)) for the slicer and then creating a measure to mark the nearby shops. Add the measure to the visual filter of the map.

If this doesn't solve the problem, consider sharing a pbix file without private data and give the expected output.
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

HopkiJ
Frequent Visitor

When you click on an employee on the map you are filtering your data to your employee, so it will only show data for that employee.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors