Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vazmor
Helper II
Helper II

Pivot Column, Multiple Row to Column.

Hello.

Currently I have a table like the one in the image, which has many rows with the title next to the value, I need to pass it to a table like the one in the image faster, because the original file has many columns. I know it can be done with Pivot Column, but it takes longer. I hope your help. Thank you.

vazmor_0-1602014382829.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @vazmor 

check out this solution. This code fetches the rawdata of every second column with offset 1 and uses every second column the first entry as column name.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUTIEYicgNgFiZyA2V4rVgcgYQWVMoTIWcBljqIwZVMZSKTYWAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Column1 = _t, Column2 = _t, Column3 = _t, Column4 = _t, Column5 = _t, Column6 = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", Int64.Type}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", Int64.Type}, {"Column5", type text}, {"Column6", Int64.Type}}),
    CreateData = List.Transform
    (
        List.Alternate(Table.ColumnNames(#"Changed Type"), 1,1),
        (columnname)=> Table.Column(#"Changed Type", columnname)
    ),
    CreateColumnnames = List.Transform
    (
        List.Alternate(Table.ColumnNames(#"Changed Type"), 1,1,1),
        (header)=> Table.Column(#"Changed Type", header){0}
    ),
    CreateFinalTable = Table.FromColumns
    (
        CreateData,
        CreateColumnnames
    )
in
    CreateFinalTable

Copy paste this code to the advanced editor in a new blank query to see how the solution works.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @vazmor 

check out this solution. This code fetches the rawdata of every second column with offset 1 and uses every second column the first entry as column name.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUTIEYicgNgFiZyA2V4rVgcgYQWVMoTIWcBljqIwZVMZSKTYWAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Column1 = _t, Column2 = _t, Column3 = _t, Column4 = _t, Column5 = _t, Column6 = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", Int64.Type}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", Int64.Type}, {"Column5", type text}, {"Column6", Int64.Type}}),
    CreateData = List.Transform
    (
        List.Alternate(Table.ColumnNames(#"Changed Type"), 1,1),
        (columnname)=> Table.Column(#"Changed Type", columnname)
    ),
    CreateColumnnames = List.Transform
    (
        List.Alternate(Table.ColumnNames(#"Changed Type"), 1,1,1),
        (header)=> Table.Column(#"Changed Type", header){0}
    ),
    CreateFinalTable = Table.FromColumns
    (
        CreateData,
        CreateColumnnames
    )
in
    CreateFinalTable

Copy paste this code to the advanced editor in a new blank query to see how the solution works.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Thanks, Excelent Solution

edhans
Super User
Super User

Can you please post some data @vazmor per links below - from that image it looks like all you've done is removed some columns, renamed Column4 to Fecha and change the date format to show the integer vs date.

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.
How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors