Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

florentb
Frequent Visitor

Oracle Datasource Error - ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace temp

Hello all,

I'm having a problem when I'm trying to add a data source and I didn't find any solution on Internet ...

When I try to add an Oracle Data Source I get the following error : "ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace temp".

Captura.JPG

From what I've read, it's "a failure in allocating the extent for the temp segment in the tablespace", but I have no idea on how to solve this problem ...

Would someone know how to do it ?

Thanks in advance,

florentb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dethompson97
Resolver III
Resolver III

You will need to contact the DBA of this database so that they can increase the temp space or determine why the database ran out of space.  This is an error returned by the database to the TNS networking layer (Oracle client) and then to Power BI.  There is nothing you can do on the desktop to fix this.

Dawn

Former Oracle DBA

PS:  If this solution works, please mark it as a solution to help others. Kudos are nice too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dethompson97
Resolver III
Resolver III

You will need to contact the DBA of this database so that they can increase the temp space or determine why the database ran out of space.  This is an error returned by the database to the TNS networking layer (Oracle client) and then to Power BI.  There is nothing you can do on the desktop to fix this.

Dawn

Former Oracle DBA

PS:  If this solution works, please mark it as a solution to help others. Kudos are nice too.

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @florentb ,

Have you tried to connect the same oracle server using other tools? Could you please try to reproduce this issue with the latest version of Power BI Desktop and the correct Oracle Client based on this document?

If it is an urgent issue, We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors