Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

LinLinB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Mobile Numbers = Not Starting with 0

Hi - my data has no initial data validation so I have to do it all from scratch.

With my Mobile number as data type Text (like this 012345678, no gaps), I have these steps which work well:

1) Text.Select col which only selects the numbers (in case there is text added to the number)

2) Text.Length lets me know if there are 10 digits remaining (if it's less, it's invalid number)

This was usually enough for me to then Format the valid 10 digit numbers as xxxx xxx xxx (to be used for SMS messaging)

However, while all valid numbers should start with 0, some invalid numbers start with 1.

Any ideas how I can filter for 10 digit numbers starting with 1? 

The invalid number looks like this: 123456789

Power Query please

Thanks for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @LinLinB ,
you could use a filter that transforms to number and filters those > than 99999999

Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom", each Number.From([Column1]) > 99999999)

See also file attached.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LinLinB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @ImkeF - I'm always looking to expand my PQ knowledge - that's another new one!

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @LinLinB ,
you could use a filter that transforms to number and filters those > than 99999999

Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom", each Number.From([Column1]) > 99999999)

See also file attached.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors