Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

IFS (Dutch als.voorwaarden) Formula Excel

Hi,

I've been searching in this forum, but couldn't find the right answer.

I'm trying to use the IFS formula out of Excel (2016) in PowerBI desktop.

The formula is as below:

=IFS([@[KP-Project]]=4755;"Project eigen KP";[@[KP-Project]]>0=OF([@[KP-Project]]<4755);"Project andere KP's";[@[KP-Project]]>4755;"Project andere KP's";[@Project]>299=OF([@Project]<400);"Indirecte uren";[@Uurcode]>0=OF([@Uurcode]<80);"Overig (improductief)";[@Uurcode]=180;"Overig (improductief)";[@Activiteit]=200;"Project andere KP's";[@Uurcode]=0;"Project andere KP's")

The reason i'm using this formula is; I need to get data out of several columns (not all the data in 1 column) to get one column with the right data for a diagram.

I hope anyone could help me out. If this formula is not possible, maybe someone knows how it would work aswell?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi RemcoJansen,

In your scenario, did you want to return the result in a column or return  them into multiple column?If you want to return them in  a column, you need to combine the logic. If you want to return them into multiple column, you could create multiple custom columns, then use expression like below in column

351.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Using:

each if ... then ...

else if ... > 0 and ... < 0 then ...

It will make the same result als the IFS function in Excel. Warning, "null" has to be changed to "0". Else it will give problems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi RemcoJansen,

In your scenario, did you want to return the result in a column or return  them into multiple column?If you want to return them in  a column, you need to combine the logic. If you want to return them into multiple column, you could create multiple custom columns, then use expression like below in column

351.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Using:

each if ... then ...

else if ... > 0 and ... < 0 then ...

It will make the same result als the IFS function in Excel. Warning, "null" has to be changed to "0". Else it will give problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoe Zhi,

Thanks for your comment. I'd like to return the data into a single column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors