Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fmdus

How to view native query on Databricks connector

Hi,

my users want to see the SQL statement that is sent to Hive. However, unfortunately this is grayed out:

fmdus_0-1607335774754.png

As Databricks is exposing a SQL interface on Hive and Power BI sends queries correctly there, I am wondering what is missing to be able to see the queries. Can anyone explain me?

At least for analysis services this was introduced recently (see Chris Webb's BI Blog: View Native Query Now Works For Analysis Services Data Sources Chris Webb's BI... 

I have created an idea to gain support for this feature at Microsoft Idea · View Native Query for Databricks Connector (powerbi.com) 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

No idea. MS doesn't usuall comment on that sort of thing. I'm not an MS employee, just a user on the forum here like you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
edhans
Super User
Super User

Short of showing the queries received on the server end, there is nothing you can do at this point. Even 100% of SQL Server transformations are not shown in View Native Query in Power Query. It is a pretty good tool, but not 100% perfect in how it shows data.

For DataBricks, you'll have to wait unti the product is updated to show the folded query.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Is there any estimate when the product will be updated to show the folded query?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors