cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to make Power BI recognize dynamic columns in Azure Table Storage

I recently added some dynamic columns for data storing in Azure Table Storage. For example, the most of rows in this table will have 6 columns, but some new rows will have 6, 7, 8, or even more columns. All these columns are shown in Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer without any problem.

However, when I tried to use Power BI to create report, it will not show the extra columns, all data will only have 6 columns. Even when I add filter to query the new rows which should have more than 6 columns, it still show just 6 columns. I learnt that Power BI will only show columns as the top certain amount rows' columns, is there anyway I can predefine the extra columns and let Power BI recognize them so that I can add filters?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Which connector are you using?  For example in the CSV connector on the initial load the number of columns is added to the source definition but you can remove that again in case your CSV file has dynamic columns.

I connect to database by link and key

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session: Drive Data Culture with Power BI- Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors