cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leonzzheng
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to make Power BI recognize dynamic columns in Azure Table Storage

I recently added some dynamic columns for data storing in Azure Table Storage. For example, the most of rows in this table will have 6 columns, but some new rows will have 6, 7, 8, or even more columns. All these columns are shown in Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer without any problem.

However, when I tried to use Power BI to create report, it will not show the extra columns, all data will only have 6 columns. Even when I add filter to query the new rows which should have more than 6 columns, it still show just 6 columns. I learnt that Power BI will only show columns as the top certain amount rows' columns, is there anyway I can predefine the extra columns and let Power BI recognize them so that I can add filters?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

Which connector are you using?  For example in the CSV connector on the initial load the number of columns is added to the source definition but you can remove that again in case your CSV file has dynamic columns.

I connect to database by link and key

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors