Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Group by ID, but also need Latest date and last served customer

Hi Experts,

Please find the file with attempted PQ steps:    Click for a example file created 

I have ID with salespersons repeated, the count of transactions, Date of service, and last customer served.

Please can I get ideas on how to group by to get the count of transactions in sum ( a small change from example attached, Instead of counting rows, I need the sum of the count? 

2. Along with MAX (Date) which is the latest date of transaction for each user AND 

3. Latest customer served.,

I tried the following:

1. Grop by Name ( I am yet to make changes for SUM of count not count of rows)

2, Then I duplicated the query and I modified the M code with "Date" and list.max([date]) 

3. Then I joined them 

4. I appended the queries, I have all the data but not usable. 😞 

Please can you help ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Is this the result you're looking for?

AlexisOlson_0-1642086137280.png

let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"ID", Int64.Type}, {"Name", type text}, {"Count", Int64.Type}, {"Last Modified Date", type datetime}, {"Customer", type text}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Name"}, {{"Count", each List.Sum([Count]), type nullable number}, {"All Rows", each Table.Max(_, "Last Modified Date"), type record}}),
    #"Expanded All Rows" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "All Rows", {"Last Modified Date", "Customer"}, {"Last Modified Date", "Customer"})
in
    #"Expanded All Rows"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexisOlson  Thank you Alexis as always you are the guru. Yes that is what I am looking for, I will test it sir

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Is this the result you're looking for?

AlexisOlson_0-1642086137280.png

let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"ID", Int64.Type}, {"Name", type text}, {"Count", Int64.Type}, {"Last Modified Date", type datetime}, {"Customer", type text}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Name"}, {{"Count", each List.Sum([Count]), type nullable number}, {"All Rows", each Table.Max(_, "Last Modified Date"), type record}}),
    #"Expanded All Rows" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "All Rows", {"Last Modified Date", "Customer"}, {"Last Modified Date", "Customer"})
in
    #"Expanded All Rows"

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors