Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cosminc
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Google Trends

Hi all,

i need to establish a connection with Google Trends (in a power bi desktop report)

can anyone help me with the steps to do that?

i need to obtain the graph from below but for a long and dynamic list of terms; is it posible?

thanks,

Cosmin

ex.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems you are able to bring this in with some Python Code. Here is the reference video on YoTube. Works well. 

(122) Import Google Trends in Python and Power BI - YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I'm still looking for a way to get the google trends chart in power bi using a direct connection with google trends.

Let me know if anyone finds any workaround for that so far.

Thanks in advance!

Shiva Prakash

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cosminc 

As searched, there is an article regarding how to use Google Trends visuals in Power BI. 

Dashboard Design Tips: Learning from the Google Trends Dashboard

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie,

i saw the tutorial but they take data manually: search terms on google trends and download results on csv for each graph; so is like i would put in an excel data and create a more beautiful graph, not very advanced...

The idea is that i want to do this automatically: take a connection to google trends, have defined a list of search terms on power bi and weekly refresh data automatically and with this data to develop a report

can you help with this issue?

Thanks,

Cosmin

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors