Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

L_Dowson
Regular Visitor

Google Analytics Taking Too Long To Load

Hi, I have connected Power BI Desktop to my companies Google Analytics account and the data is pulling through, however I get "Waiting for www.googleapis.com" for at least 30 minutes every time I refresh. I've resorted to refreshing over night which isn't ideal.

Anyone else experienced this issue and has any ideas on how to resolve it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@L_Dowson

Could you please update to latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.63.3272.40262 Oct 2018)?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
niquest
Regular Visitor

I am trying to connect GA4 to pbi, but unfortunately it takes long time to upload 5 columns in 2000 rows(30 minutes). its strange for me as it has been done in 10 second by GA3. any help would be appreciated.

a_yang
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I see this post was made years ago. I'm having similar issues. I've connected Google Analytics to Power BI, but after trying to load landing page, sessions, transactions, and revenue, Power BI gets stuck at "Load - waiting for analyticsreporting.googleapis.com." 

Any idea on why or what I can do to speed the process up? Or am I doing something incorrectly to make it get stuck at "Load"?

Thank you!

Matt_manderA
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I am having this excact same issue. It gets stuck on waiting for www.googleapis.com. I have literally just downloaded the new version of PBI today!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@L_Dowson

How many rows and columns in your query? Do you make multiple transformations in Power BI Desktop Query Editor? And what version of Power BI Desktop do you use?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

- I have 18 columns

- Only "Change Type" changes to the data for date and time

- The company is on June 2018 version (updates every 6 months)

Thanks.

@L_Dowson

Could you please update to latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.63.3272.40262 Oct 2018)?

Regards,
Lydia

Hi Lydia,

It is down to the company to do that, and currently a new version isn't scheduled for download until the end of the year. 

When I get the new version, if it doesn't work, I'll ask again.

Thanks for your help.

L_Dowson
Regular Visitor

Hi, I'm trying to connect Power BI Desktop with my companies GA Account and I get the "Waiting for www.googleapis.com" message up for at least 30 minutes each time, I've resorted to refreshing it over night.

Anyone else have this issue and any ideas on how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors