Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

acerNZ
Helper III
Helper III

Filter not working in Query editor, any help

Hi Experts

Objective is to filter one of the coloumns by specific string and rest of the modeling is based on the associated data. 

In the data model, for that specific column, I am happily able to filter the string, but when click on transform data, where I can actually put some code to ensure real time report, when I click on filter, I do not see my specific data, what could be the issue 

As part of trouble shooting:

I deleted the data and loaded it again 

My data source is right and yes every time I can see my relevant data in the drop down filter but I cannot when I look for same in the transform data (Query Editor). Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@acerNZ ,

You wont be able to see calculated columns/tables in Query Editor.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @acerNZ ,

Does your data contains more than 1000 rows?

If yes, then you can filter that using Advanced Editor.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@Anonymous Thank you for response, Yes they are more 10,000 rows and Please can you point me to links or way to filter the row for a particular test? can I put in SQL commands in advanced editor? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @acerNZ ,

To use Advanced Editor for filtering, Apply Filter on the required column and then in the right in the Applied Steps section click on Filtered Rows step as below-

Side.PNG

And then open Advanced Editor where you can filter your desired data, here is how(Highlighted is the column at whch you want the filter)-

Editor.PNG

Please mark my post as Soulution if it helps you.

@Anonymous  Based on some youtube, I could get the DAX filtter ( add table) and was able to put a filter in the Data view (Modelling), however I am not seeing this table in "Query Editor" when I load the tables in transform. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@acerNZ ,

You wont be able to see calculated columns/tables in Query Editor.

@Anonymous I got same answer, I changed my plans a bit to do filter in the last after massaging the data, where I can.

Are we talking about the dropdown that appears when you click on the caret in the column header?

Does it say 'List may be incomplete'-----  Load More  ?

Hi @HotChilli 

Yes, you are right.. When I ensure, I load all, still I do not find the element I am searching.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors