Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Extract previous - undo

Hello,

Is there a way to reverse this process? I right clicked on an applied step and selected Extract Previous to a new table. I would like to revert these steps back to my original table and remove the table which was created in this process.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous ,

1) Go to advanced editor of the new table created and copy the steps between 'let' and 'in'.

2) Now go back to your main table and there will be the first line which will be somethin line:

Source = <NewlyCreatedTable"

3) Replace this with the copied lines in the step 1 and other cosmetic changes in the existing step of the main table

4) See if the main table is back to its original shape.

5) Once you are statisfied, delete the new table

I don't think there is a direct undo provision provided.

You can also close the Power Query Editor without svaing the changes if you can afford losing any other changes made.

This will revert everything to the original position

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous ,

1) Go to advanced editor of the new table created and copy the steps between 'let' and 'in'.

2) Now go back to your main table and there will be the first line which will be somethin line:

Source = <NewlyCreatedTable"

3) Replace this with the copied lines in the step 1 and other cosmetic changes in the existing step of the main table

4) See if the main table is back to its original shape.

5) Once you are statisfied, delete the new table

I don't think there is a direct undo provision provided.

You can also close the Power Query Editor without svaing the changes if you can afford losing any other changes made.

This will revert everything to the original position

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors