Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

katti2008

Export to excel

I have a requirement wherein i need to export the chart to ppt/excel along with underlying data. How do i achieve this functionality from Power BI dashboard or charts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mitsu
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Microsoft Power BI team has started working on this .

Please Refer to the following link :

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/6706445-chart-view-details-with-export-...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mitsu
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Microsoft Power BI team has started working on this .

Please Refer to the following link :

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/6706445-chart-view-details-with-export-...

Not sure wheter the underlying data will be included. Workaround for this is:

With the December update you can use the workaround via R to export your data from Power BI to txt or SQL-server: http://www.thebiccountant.com/2015/12/28/how-to-export-data-from-power-bi-and-power-query/

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Found a button this morning marked Export. clicked it and it exported to Excel.  Made my day. It is hidden under the elipse. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@kcantor This sounds awesome! But I couldn't find it - could you be so kind and give some more details where I can find this elipse?

Thanks a lot!

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

The three dots in the top right corner of the report view. Click them and export to excel appears. They live right next to the pin icon.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you provide a bit more commentary, because I seem to be unable to find the "Export" when running Power BI Desktop Version: 2.31.4280.661 64-bit (January, 2016)

The "..." drop down on my report only seems to allow the "Remove" function

Capture.PNG

This feature only applies to Power BI Service and is not supported by the desktop version yet.

In order to export your data, publish your .pbix to the service and export it from there.

Thanks a lot. So this is a feature available in PBI service! Fantastic!

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@katti2008 Cuurently there is no such functionality available in Power BI to export it to Excel/PPT along with data.

However using your iPad/iPhone, you can export report/visualization to an image file and email the same to the concerned user.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors