Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

paulsnet1986
Helper I
Helper I

Error Using SQL to Prefilter Data from Hana / ODBC: ERROR [42S02]

One of my reports has a dataset that's taxing on our embedded instance, and so I'm trying to limit the records in the largest table before they're imported.

Advanced editor source

paulsnet1986_1-1650648764793.png

I have little experience with SQL but I figured such a simple action wouldn't be an issue. I'm attempting to limit the source table by adding the below statement:

paulsnet1986_0-1650648608960.png

However, when I attempt to connect to the data, I get the following error: [HDBODBC] Base table or view not found;259 invalid table name: Could not find table/view PROJECTDETAILLIST_PBI1 in schema WEBUSER: line 1 col 15 (at pos 14)"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paulsnet1986 

This error message indicates that it couldn't find the table "PROJECTDETAILLIST_PBI1". Please check the name of the table. Does it have an additional "1" at the end? From the first picture, you are querying data from a table named "PROJECTDETAILLIST_PBI". 

If the table name is correct, please check the schema of the table. From the error message, it tried to find the table in schema WEBUSER by default. If this table is not in the schema, you should specifiy its schema in the SQL statement like 

select * from schemaname.tablename where SoldTo = '10015'

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paulsnet1986 

This error message indicates that it couldn't find the table "PROJECTDETAILLIST_PBI1". Please check the name of the table. Does it have an additional "1" at the end? From the first picture, you are querying data from a table named "PROJECTDETAILLIST_PBI". 

If the table name is correct, please check the schema of the table. From the error message, it tried to find the table in schema WEBUSER by default. If this table is not in the schema, you should specifiy its schema in the SQL statement like 

select * from schemaname.tablename where SoldTo = '10015'

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors