Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rameezhashmi12

Dynamic Parameters with Multiple Selection

I need to add two parameters at Run tab. 

1. MediaType
2. ContractTitle

Both parameters should be dynamic and should be able to pick all or multiple values. 

So when we pick mediatype and contracttitle from the parameters and refresh data, it should update data accordingly in the digital-combined-data-view and digital-contract-title tab. 

we are using power query to achieve this. and then vba runs and generates a summary_by_ clinet tab and details for every single contract mentioned in the digital-contract-title tab after the data gets filtered. 
6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not clear what your question is. Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are aiming to achieve. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

@lbendlin I have a requirment where I have to use two parameters when I extract data. The firs paramter is Media Type, we have only 3 media types, and the second paramter is for Contract Tile. Eevry media type has several Contract tile. So I want to pick a media type or multiple media type, then i need the corresponding contract title related to the select media type's. Then I am using VBA to auto populate a template after the data extract. It will extract and save copy of a template with the contarct tile in a folder. Right now i want to acheive how i can get those two paramters to work dynamically. 

Are you trying to do this in Power Query for Excel?

Yes sir I am trying this on Excel.

@lbendlin  If you dont mind can we exchange email address to i can explain you with the excel sheet. 

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors