Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lexicaltje
Regular Visitor

Dataverse and importing Choice columns

Hello all,

Having a recuring issue thats really driving me nuts. I have numerous dataverse tables feeding into power bi reports through Directquery (Although in this instance Directquery isnt the issue). 

As we know when you import a table from dataverse where there is a choice column, you get both the unique number of the choice and the choice name. However, everytime i add a column to my dataverse table thats a choice and import this into Power BI, the choice name comes in as "null", even though there is data in there and the choice number is correct.

What is causing this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a different and much easier solution. I just had to click on "Solutions" and then "Publish all customisations". Then everything was fine. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
fep
Helper I
Helper I

Do we have to do this for everytime we update a table?

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lexicaltje 

Try the solution in this thread: Can't see the display value of a choice column from a table in the Dataverse in power bi

After making changes to labels for a choice column, the table needs to have customizations published. So go to your Power Apps environment and click on Publish all customizations.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Hi @Lexicaltje 

Does the method in my previous reply work? Or have you found other methods?

Regards,

Jing

I found a different and much easier solution. I just had to click on "Solutions" and then "Publish all customisations". Then everything was fine. 

Just wanted to say this saved my life although this is a very old post. Thank you so much!

Lexicaltje
Regular Visitor

Just came across this;

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/azure-synapse-link-choices-powerbi 

Are you seriously tell me MS that this is the only way to do it? How ridiculous is that? I dont even understand what most of that means. You really need to fix this and make it simpler. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors