Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

davisj

Dataset not syncing after CSV file was deleted

I have a dataset for a CSV file in OneDrive and there are a few reports powered by this. I deleted the file accidentally but had it restored shortly after. However, the dataset is not refereshing anymore and it says the file can't be found. How can I restore the connection without having to redo my reports? 

I am on PowerBI Web.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@davisj,

Do you directly connect to the CSV file in Power BI Service and create the report? If so, please re-connect to the CSV file in Power BI Service, then create a empty report and move visuals from original report to this newly created report. For more details, please review the following blog:

https://powerbi.tips/2018/01/move-visuals-between-reports/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@davisj,

Do you directly connect to the CSV file in Power BI Service and create the report? If so, please re-connect to the CSV file in Power BI Service, then create a empty report and move visuals from original report to this newly created report. For more details, please review the following blog:

https://powerbi.tips/2018/01/move-visuals-between-reports/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia, that worked. I was trying to copy/paste across tabs which is why it wasn't working.

Having said that, it would still be useful to have a feature that let's you restore these connections. I have had to redo multiple reports in the past due to the same issue.
davisj

I have a dataset for a CSV file in OneDrive and there are a few reports powered by this. I deleted the file accidentally but had it restored after sometime. However, the dataset is not refereshing anymore and it says the file can't be found. How could I restore the connection without having to redo my reports? 

I am on PowerBI Web.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors