Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ljaos67
Frequent Visitor

Custom Connector hard-code values for basic Auth

Hello everyone,

I made a custom connector in M. I want to hard-code the credentials for the basic authorization I set up but It still prompts me to set them up. Is there a way to do this?

Here is the code at present state:

CustomConnector = [
TestConnection = (dataSourcePath as text) => { "CustomConnector.Contents", dataSourcePath},
Authentication = [
UsernamePassword =
[Username = "username1",
Password = "password1"],
],
Label = "CustomConnector"
];

2 REPLIES 2
bhelou
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

To hard-code the credentials for the basic authorization, you can use the CredentialConnectionString property in the custom connector M code. Here is an example of how you can modify your existing code to include the credentials:

CustomConnector = [
TestConnection = (dataSourcePath as text) => { "CustomConnector.Contents", dataSourcePath},
Authentication = [
UsernamePassword =
[
CredentialConnectionString = "Basic " & Text.ToBinary("username1:password1"),
AuthenticationType = "Basic"
]
],
Label = "CustomConnector"
];

By using the CredentialConnectionString property, you can provide the credentials in the format of "Basic " & Text.ToBinary("username:password"). The AuthenticationType is set to "Basic" to indicate that the credentials are for basic authorization.

Note that you should replace the hardcoded credentials with a secure way of storing credentials, such as using an environment variable or key vault.

Thank you for your answer, however I am still prompted to input credentials when I run the connector. I want to have the credentials pre-set. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors