Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

brodtgaard
Frequent Visitor

Content pack rights

It seems like there is a restriction on content packs that it needs to be organizational if it is to be available from Office 365 groups?

It seems like a content pack can only be subscribed in personal workspaces unless it is a organizational content pack?

It that true?

3 REPLIES 3

@brodtgaard I don't quite follow the questions, but I'll try to answer. The preface here, is that I thought there were restrictions on sharing from PBI groups, but I just tested out a bunch of scenerio's and it appears that there are none now...

I have full Office365, so I have all the capabilities of a PBI Group.

I see no restrictions at all, and I was able to:

Create an Org Content Pack in a PBI Group and share to another PBI user

Connect to a (3rd Party) Content Pack (Lithium) and share that with another PBI Group

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I apologize for not formulating this better in the first place.

When I want to subscribe to a content pack from within a shared group (not from my own workspace) then it seems like the content pack needs to be set available for the whole organization and not just for some relevant users. Is that so?

@brodtgaard It would appear that the behavior is this.

A Content Pack is only available to connect to from a Group, if it is shared with the entire Group.

However, it will also show up in your personal workspace area for you to personally connect to as well.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors