Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

carcmena99
Regular Visitor

Connecting more sources to a heavy Power BI report

I need some help, my report has a lot of connections to my sharepoint site and the connections to the sharepoint is not the problem, but right now I was trying to add a new connection to my sharepoint and it connected to the sharepoint but didn't open the excel data i was trying to connect. It just keep loading and loading... I need to keep adding tables to the report (Its is a very heavy report), I created a new power bi report and tried the same connection and it worked fine and fast.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

Route:

carcmena99_0-1699566604831.png

Here is a picture of the power bi trying to open the excel:

carcmena99_1-1699566793680.png

It just keeps loading, Can someone help me?

1 REPLY 1
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @carcmena99 ,

Incredibly difficult to give an exact answer on this, but my general recommendation would be to bring all these different SharePoint files/folders into Dataflows overnight and run your report from the Dataflows instead.

SharePoint is not a data warehouse and Microsoft are very open about throttling data-pull traffic in order to maintain system stability for 'regular' users. If your huge report is trying to background-refresh a lot of large queries from many SharePoint files during the working day, there's a good chance that you're getting throttled and your data is coming through at an absolute trickle.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors