Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soandos
Helper I
Helper I

Connect dialog pops up frequently with implicit authentication

I have two custom connectors (both based on Web.Contents, not ODBC), one of which gets a list of entities, and the other one searches for that entity in an on prem site.

When I do this, I get a "Connection" dialog box pop up for each unique entity searched for (the box that just has the name of the data source accross the top, anonymous auth, and the two buttons, connect and cancel).

Is there a way to tell PBI that even though MyCustomConnector(entity1) and MyCustomConnector(entity2) are different calls, there should only be one DataSource?

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

lbendlin_0-1635425524888.png

Is that the same as edit permissions there, and set to public, or is it something else?

Is there a way to get PBI to accept that the "resource" that is being hit is the same even if the args to the function are different?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check the scope of your data connection(s) and correct it to tie the credentials to the highest possible level.

How do I do that? It is implicit auth, there aren't credentials to tie.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors