Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MiksLacis94
Regular Visitor

Combining multiple Excel files into 1 Excel database.

Hello,

Quick background on the idea in my mind. My company employs people from multiple "Agencies", 4 to be exact. On a weekly basis I save how many hours each employee worked from which agency in seperate Excel files. All of the files have the same columns, only the data in each file is different. I want to create 1 Excel database that is linked to the existing files but can also take new files from new folders each week. 

I am looking for some tips on how to start creating a data module in Excel that has 1 main file (database), multiple folders (based on a weekly basis e.g folder week 1, folder week 2 etc.) and multiple Excel (agency 1, agency 2 etc.) files in those folders. If I create a new folder for a new week and put in that weeks files in it, I would like to be able to refresh the main file so it updates the information. Then I will use Pivot tables to get the information I need. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors