Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LyndonTomas
Frequent Visitor

Column Sequence

Hi! Is there are way for the columns to be the same as the sequence of the stacked columns above?

LyndonTomas_0-1689929014366.png

Column Name(s):

Volume - Y axis

Importer Group -  X axis

Resin Type - Legend

I've just duiplicated the column chart and the just converted it into a matrix below, but is there a way for the column for the stacked column chart would be the same of the columns in the matrix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

Hi, @LyndonTomas 

The question is not clear to me. but I think you are asking for same serial in the matrix as X axis (importer group). You need to adjust your column names as like the Stack chart. meaning you need to put calypso column as the first column instead of Acumen eng. and so so. 

rubayatyasmin_0-1689517080227.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @LyndonTomas 

The simplest way of ordering dimensions is to add a fixed Sort Key column to your dimension table, then, in the Data view, select your dimension column, select Sort By, then select your Sort Key column. However, this will always fix the dimension values in the same order, regardless of dynamic performance.

In order to get them to order by dynamic performance, you'll need to add a calculated rank column in your dimension table based on your required sort value (Sum of Volume here, I think) to act as a Sort Key.

Here's a thread that has a number of techniques to add a calculated rank column:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Create-calculated-Rank-column-in-Powerbi/td-p/3022... 

In addtion to any of the techniques above, I would also advise adding a very small random number to your value totals that will be used to calculate the rank. This will ensure that there are no ties as neither Dense nor Skip tie resolution will work correctly for a Sort Key rank column.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

Hi, @LyndonTomas 

The question is not clear to me. but I think you are asking for same serial in the matrix as X axis (importer group). You need to adjust your column names as like the Stack chart. meaning you need to put calypso column as the first column instead of Acumen eng. and so so. 

rubayatyasmin_0-1689517080227.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors