Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PurdiMark

Calculate(sum(filter returning sum all records not filter criteria

Hi Community

I have 2 tables Stock and Quotes. Both tables have an Item field, however there are multiple occurances of the same item in both tables so i cannot set up a relationship. I am trying to add a column to Stock that sums the Quantity in Quotes where the Item in Quotes = Item in Stock AND probability in Quotes >=70% (0.7). Seems straight forward however the filter appears to be ignoring Item. What am i missing here?

CALCULATE(sum(Quotes[Quantity]),filter(Quotes,Quotes[Item]=[Item] && Quotes[Probability]>=0.7))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @PurdiMark 

The logic looks correct but try:

CALCULATE(sum(Quotes[Quantity]),filter(Quotes,Quotes[Item]=Stock[Item] && Quotes[Probability]>=0.7))

since then engine is probably assuming that [Item] is actually Quotes[Item] instead of Stock[Item]

Always use the name of the Table when referring to columns

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @PurdiMark 

The logic looks correct but try:

CALCULATE(sum(Quotes[Quantity]),filter(Quotes,Quotes[Item]=Stock[Item] && Quotes[Probability]>=0.7))

since then engine is probably assuming that [Item] is actually Quotes[Item] instead of Stock[Item]

Always use the name of the Table when referring to columns

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

AIB, thankyou. skipping table names is a poor habit i know 🙄, but 'normally' code/script etc understands (well thats my excuse)!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors