Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IanWaring
Helper IV
Helper IV

Mapping Purchline Cost Centers and Project codes to D365 Finance dimensions?

I'm trying to work out the mapping that gets from table purchline record field "costcenter" to the table "dimensionattributevaluesetitem". Pointing costcenter to table "dimensionattributevalueset" only gets me cost centre codes, but where our Chart of Accounts also incorporates Project codes - which are not listed in table "dimensionattributevalueset". They do appear in dimensionattributevaluesetitem.

Attempts to map from purchline costcenter to table dimensionattributevaluesetitem directly gives me a many-to-many relationship.

Any ideas how to map these so I get back a single result?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Expiscornovus
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @IanWaring,

My suggestion would be to post this in the Dynamics 365 Community because this requires knowledge of the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations product.

But I see you also already started a thread over there, correct? 😁

https://community.dynamics.com/forums/thread/details/?threadid=32126220-51ec-ee11-a203-0022481e788c

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
IanWaring
Helper IV
Helper IV

I've managed to get dimension values when purchline[defaultdimension] is populated, but i'm stuck trying to get dimension values if they are stored in GL Financial Dimension Templates on D365 Finance (which are referenced from purchline[accountingdistributiontemplate]). I can fetch the template name from table accountingdistributiontemplate, but that only gives me the template name, not the dimension values within each one. So still stuck.

Given it's Dynamics Finance specific, i've posted on the FInance forum over there. Thankyou for the pointers here.

One day someone will publish ERDs for Dynamics 365 Finance. A big pain hunting around in the dark without one!

IanWaring
Helper IV
Helper IV

Indeed - think we've cracked it but will post the solution here once i've verified it 🙂

Expiscornovus
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @IanWaring,

My suggestion would be to post this in the Dynamics 365 Community because this requires knowledge of the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations product.

But I see you also already started a thread over there, correct? 😁

https://community.dynamics.com/forums/thread/details/?threadid=32126220-51ec-ee11-a203-0022481e788c

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors