Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pstaggers
Advocate II
Advocate II

Writeback Function - Network error when using Patch function: The requested operation is invalid.

I am trying to do a writeback from Power BI to Excel using Power Apps.  Excel file is on OneDrive and closed when I attempt the writeback.

I created a new form with a button called CreateNewRecordBtn --> NewForm(UpdateRecordForm).

I then update the tabe manually with new values.

I finally use a second button called SubmitNewRecordBtn --> SubmitForm(UpdateRecordForm)

This last statement is throwing the following error:  Network error when using Patch function: The requested operation is invalid.

Any suggestions on getting past this Patch error?

4 REPLIES 4
SIH007
Frequent Visitor

Hi, my syntax was ok and the data types were correct. I already had as minimal code as possible. I managed to get my app running by using another browser.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The patch process is different between updates and additions.  Did you specify "Default" ?  Does your Excel table have a dedicated primary key column?

SIH007
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue with a pretty small function: I want to write the contents of the edit form back to the table and use the command OnSelect = SubmitForm(Form1), so I don't know where to minimise this code. First everything looks ok, but then I keep getting an error telling me "Network error when using Patch function: The requested operation is invalid."

pavanmanideep
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Few things to check

1. Check Syntax: Check the syntax you were using for the Patch function

2. Verify the data types

Test with minimal code and build from there...I hope you will get an idea of what's going wrong there...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

You can accept more than one post as a solution.

Cheers,

PMDY

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors