cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator RomiK

Re: Unable to render mobile reports in Power BI Android or iOS app that work fine.

Hi @vrocca

We have recently released and update to the store that we believe fixes this issue.

Please update your app and let us know if the problem reoccurs .

Thanks!

vrocca Member

Re: Unable to render mobile reports in Power BI Android or iOS app that work fine.

Hi @RomiK - we are still experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com
yitzhak Member

Taking offline with Victor

kompas_ua Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone,

We have the same situation: mobile reports work on iOS, but don't work on Android. And no workaround at all, just to buy an iPhone =)

BR, Sergey

RowanW Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@RomiK wrote:

Hi @vrocca

We have recently released and update to the store that we believe fixes this issue.

Please update your app and let us know if the problem reoccurs .

Thanks!

That update fixed our issue Smiley Happy We had to remove the reference to the Reporting server and re-add it though (it wasn't refreshing). After that it worked fine.

Frequent Visitor

Hi @RomiK,

I uninstalled Power BI on my Android, and installed it again, but facing the same error - An error has occured, please try again.

Only based on SimulatedTable mobile reports work.

BR, Sergey

Frequent Visitor

Hi @RomiK,

Yesterday I updated my iPad and reinstalled Power BI on it, and now I'm experiencing the same error on the iPad (iOS ver.10.1.1).

BR, Sergey

vrocca Member

Hi all,

After working with Microsoft on this, we have identified the issue and found a solution to get the mobile reports to render on Android.

The issue was identified by looking at the SSRS Log files located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS13.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles. We reviewed the logs captured during the timeframe that the app was being tested on the Android device and came across this error: 

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!reportserverwebapp!4a1!12/05/2016-14:21:42:: e ERROR: [5fu669ij]: XSRF Failed (NonceCookieNotFound)

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!reportserverwebapp!4a1!12/05/2016-14:21:42:: i INFO: [5fu669ij]: 10.160.6.250: POST /api/v1.0/CatalogItems%28525798b3-88a3-446a-b8c4-66831b481c51%29/Model.DataSet/Model.GetData - Response 403 - 0:00:00.0014077

The error appears to be related to a domain name resolution problem as pointed out here

We tested changing the connection to the server to the fully qualified domain name and were able to get the mobile reports to render. We also tested with the IP address of the server and were able to view the reports as well.

Hope this helps!

-Victor

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com
yitzhak Member

Happy that we could help here. Thanks for helping use troubleshooting this issue!

We would add this to our documentation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 1,080 guests