After working with Microsoft on this, we have identified the issue and found a solution to get the mobile reports to render on Android.
The issue was identified by looking at the SSRS Log files located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS13.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles. We reviewed the logs captured during the timeframe that the app was being tested on the Android device and came across this error:
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!reportserverwebapp!4a1!12/05/2016-14:21:42:: e ERROR: [5fu669ij]: XSRF Failed (NonceCookieNotFound)
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!reportserverwebapp!4a1!12/05/2016-14:21:42:: i INFO: [5fu669ij]: 10.160.6.250: POST /api/v1.0/CatalogItems%28525798b3-88a3-446a-b8c4-66831b481c51%29/Model.DataSet/Model.GetData - Response 403 - 0:00:00.0014077
The error appears to be related to a domain name resolution problem as pointed out here.
We tested changing the connection to the server to the fully qualified domain name and were able to get the mobile reports to render. We also tested with the IP address of the server and were able to view the reports as well.