Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SamWW

embedded Bi dashboard not upgrading after solution upgrade

Hi, I'd appreciate any advice on this.

I have a solution with a model-driven app with a dashboard with an embedded Bi report This links to a dedicated Bi service workspace which was generated when embedding the report into the solution. I've exported as a managed solution and imported this to another tenant. All worked fine originally. I've done a few successful upgrades since.

The Issue:

When I last came to complete an upgrade (changes to app and report), the app upgraded fine but the report did not. The dashboard with the report still works fine and even shows the latest data entries, but it has not upgraded with the changes from my developer environment, i.e. the extra slicers, cards and charts. 

Cloud connections and credentials of the semantic report still seem good.

Any advice on what to check would be great. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SamWW ,

I think you can try to generate the new link or update the credential to embed the BI Dashboard again. 

You can also try to clear the cache in your developer environment and refresh it to get data again.

How did you embed your BI Dashboard, by publish to web, embedded for organization or embedded for customer?

If you embed by publish to web :
For embed code generated from Publish to web feature, if we update the report definition (for example, if we change its View mode) or refresh the report data, it can take approximately one hour before changes are reflected in the version of the report viewed by users. For more information, you can see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web#how-it-works-technical-details

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Rico,

Thanks very much for your reply and the link to the documentation, it was useful as I'm learning...I've gone through a lot of MS Learn so far.

I embedded the report into a Power Apps solution to be exported to a customer....from the Power Apps end I selected 'Add existing Power Bi report' and then selected the report within my workspace on the Power Bi service. This then created the designated workspace to go with the solution when exported/imported to another tenant.

It's almost like the connection between the report in the tenant's workspace and their Power Apps solution is still working, but for some reason the upgrade is not affecting the Bi report...maybe not being allowed to upgrade. 

You mentioned embedding the report again...please may you help me understand how I can do this.

I'll double check the credentials, but this seemed okay.

I appreciate your advice so far and will continue to check what you've said when I next visit the tenant. 

Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.