Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mai_Nashaat
Helper II
Helper II

Weekly split

I need to calculate shipments for each week, split weeks of the month as below

at the first row u will find first week starts from 2-Oct to 7-Oct and add 25% of the shipments happened in 9-Oct 

and then week2 starts by 75% of shipments in 9-Oct + shipments of 10-Oct and ends by shipments of 14-Oct + shipments of 16-Oct

notice we don't count Fridays.

any help please how cax.pngn I do that?

@amitchandak @Greg_Deckler 

4 REPLIES 4
Mai_Nashaat
Helper II
Helper II

x.png

I need to calculate total orders per week as shown in the output table

the issue I've is how to make power bi calculate % of orders of a day to be in week andthe remaining % in other week as the day is split between two weeks

e.g here in the snapshot we have total orders in 9/10/021 is 64

in the split we have 16 in week1and 48 in week 2 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Mai_Nashaat Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Please check my reply with sample data above

Hi @Mai_Nashaat ,

I'm sorry to say I still don't understand what you want in the end? First you need to divide the number of days per month into four weeks (W1,W2,W3 and W4) and then each week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday (7 days in total). The value of Saturday of each week is divided in a certain proportion to the current week (25%, 50%, 75%) and the beginning of the next week (Sunday) (75%, 50%, 25%), without counting the value of Friday? By the way is this percentage fixed? For example, if the first week is 25%, the second week 50%, the third week 75% and the fourth week 100%, the corresponding first day of the next week is 75%, 50%, 25%? So based on the example data you provided, is the desired result the data in the table below?

yingyinr_1-1634622634374.png

If the above one is not your expected result, please provide more details(backend logic, sample data and expected result with screenshot or special examples) for it. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.