Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RafalMonka
Helper I
Helper I

Visual to display dynamic table from a measure

Hi all,

we have a business scenario that requires a special measure. This measure is returning a table (in fact the result from UNION command). We're a looking for a way to display records (rows) from this measure.

Is there any way to do that, maybe some custom visual exists which accepts measure/table as parameter?

At the moment, we have added CONCATENATEX command at the end of measure code to convert data from this dynamic table into string and put this result into standard table visual. But as you can see it looks rather bad. 

RafalMonka_0-1642018867191.png

Similar requirement is described here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-display-a-DAX-variable-table-in-Power-BI-Table-visua...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Measures cannot return tables but there's likely some kind of workaround possible. What should the result look like?

If it's just a single column of values, then you could use

CONCATENATEX( <Table>, <Expression>, UNICHAR(10) )

where UNICHAR(10) is a line break (instead of "; ").

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RafalMonka
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, long time no see. Thank you for your answer.

We had to take a break from this matter due to more urgent topics but  finally we have developed custom visual (a table). This visual takes measure as an input and the measure returns CSV data. Custom table is rendered from csv data. 

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Measures cannot return tables but there's likely some kind of workaround possible. What should the result look like?

If it's just a single column of values, then you could use

CONCATENATEX( <Table>, <Expression>, UNICHAR(10) )

where UNICHAR(10) is a line break (instead of "; ").

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.