Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to complete update request - Workspace Git Integration issue

I received a very unhelpful message Error message when trying to integrate a workspace with my ADO repo.

"We weren't able to update this item because one of its dependencies can't be found."

Veneman_0-1692303078064.png

My workspace org has all fabric and git settings enabled correctly. All my PBIP files are in the repo. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kpia
Helper I
Helper I

@Anonymous @surooraga I found a solution and I think it is a bug in this new feature. 

Your situation might be a bit different but for my git branch I have reports connected with a live connection to a dataset in another workspace. I first uploaded these reports to the workspace and commited them via PBI Service. 

I noticed that when I added a report via my local repo, the "connectionString" in the .pbr file was different than the ones commited via PBI Service. Since they all use the same dataset, I copied the connectinoString from the .pbr of the reports commited via Service and it worked. 

Hope this helps and hope Microsoft can fix this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this same issue, any help from Microsoft??

kpia
Helper I
Helper I

@Anonymous @surooraga I found a solution and I think it is a bug in this new feature. 

Your situation might be a bit different but for my git branch I have reports connected with a live connection to a dataset in another workspace. I first uploaded these reports to the workspace and commited them via PBI Service. 

I noticed that when I added a report via my local repo, the "connectionString" in the .pbr file was different than the ones commited via PBI Service. Since they all use the same dataset, I copied the connectinoString from the .pbr of the reports commited via Service and it worked. 

Hope this helps and hope Microsoft can fix this.

kpia
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous I am getting the same issue. I have a DevOps repo that contains a report with a live connection to a dataset in a different workspace. 

What do you have in your repo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

All my reports and datasets are in the same workspace and same repo. the silly part about the error is that it gives you no context on where to look, just "oops there's an error teehee". 

I know, frustrating!

I have another repo with a one report and a dataset and it worked. It's hard to know what's going on. 

Maybe I'll try recreating the repo. I'll keep you posted.

Any solution? @kpia 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.