Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

caitakan
Frequent Visitor

The developer visual mode doesn't work[SOLVED]

Update on 2/21/2017

The Chiclet slicer team just released a new version. They updated the API version from 1.3.0 to 1.5.0 and the bug is fixed.

Thank you!

After I run pbiviz start, I could use the developer visual on the website. However it has some problem with connecting with other visual. See pic 1 and pic 2, I use the original source code of chicletslicer as a developer visual. I just simply use the sample report called 'Customer Profitability Sample'. The Chiclet slicer's data is Executive. The  Area Chart's data are Month(Axis), Executive(legend) and Revenue % Variance to Budget.

In pic 1, I select  Andrew Ma. Then the area chart visual shows the correct data as the yellow area. 

pic1.jpg                                                                                                                                  pic 1

In pic 2, I just click the yellow area or change the timeline which is shown on the right bottom in pic 1, the area chart visual turns to be like I select nothing or select all in developer visual(chicletslicer).

pic2.jpg

pic 2

Also, this case does happen when I import the chickletslicer.pbiviz which is from after running 'pbiviz package' with the only change of pbiviz.json 'guid' value.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@caitakan,

Glad to hear that you've solved this problem. Just adding GitHub link (https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-ChicletSlicer) for Chiclet Slicer.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@caitakan,

How do you migrate the visual to use the PowerBI command line tools? Based on my experience, you could try to rename the .pbiviz file to a .zip file, and change all the code related to guid directly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft

Hello Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I had replace the original 'guid' value 'ChicletSlicer1448559807354' by a new value in 192 files(all of the files contain ChicletSlicer1448559807354). Also i change the name in pbiviz.json. Then I run 'pbiviz package'. Then I import the new Chiclet slicer. It has the same problem as just changing the 'guid' value in pbiviz.json.

My question is, why the original chicletslicer.pbiviz could work correctly by just simply import it but the same original source code doesn't work in developer visual mode. 

Many thanks,

Jason

@caitakan,

Glad to hear that you've solved this problem. Just adding GitHub link (https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-ChicletSlicer) for Chiclet Slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.