Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

norazmanz

Python script error

Hi all

I am trying to run a simple Python Script (tested in python environment) in PBI desktop Get Data:

import pandas as pd
import matplotlib as plt

df = pd.DataFrame({'Name':['Joe','Susan'],'Age':[24,25]})
print(df)

But get the following error:

Unable to connect

Details: "ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script.
Here are the technical details: Access is denied"

I installed python in WindowApp folder which is restriced except for company admin. Wondering whether this is the issue? Anyone faced similar error and have a workaround? Aprpeciate it, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update: I have uninstalled and reinstalled Python in a new folder (which does not have restricted access) and also enable saving installation path in environment. Now it works!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
norazmanz

hi @Gengar 

Thanks for replying. I would need to reinstall which is quite a pain since I have downloaded loads of libraries. Will update here after doing so. 

Gengar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @norazmanz ,

I installed python in WindowApp folder which is restriced except for company admin

According to my knowledge, It has a high probability of causing this problem.

Please try testing with an account that has access to this folder or move it to a folder that you have access to.

Hope this could help you!

Gengar

Update: I have uninstalled and reinstalled Python in a new folder (which does not have restricted access) and also enable saving installation path in environment. Now it works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.