Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gchandrukris
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI + Synapse Performance test

Hi Mates,

I am building dashboard using synapse as a datasource. our table is pretty huge so I have created the materialized view in synapse . i.e my aggregation stores in memory. If i write a select it will fetch from memory rather than the original table.

if i create aggregation in powerbi, i can confirm powerbi hits the aggregation using dax studio sqlserver profiler.

likewise how can i confirm that my powerbi hits the materialized view in synapse to pull out the result ?

Your help is much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

1. In Synapse Studio, go to Develop > Power BI.
  2. Go to NYCTaxiWorkspace1 > Power BI datasets and select New Power BI dataset. Click Start.
  3. Select the SQLPOOL1 data source, click Continue.
  4. Click Download to download the .pbids file for your NYCTaxiWorkspace1SQLPOOL1.pbids file. Click Continue.
  5. Open the downloaded .pbids file. Power BI Desktop opens and automatically connects to SQLDB1 in your Azure Synapse workspace.
  6. If you see a dialog box appear called SQL Server database:
    1. Select Microsoft account.
    2. Select Sign in and sign in to your account.
    3. Select Connect.
  7. After the Navigator dialog box opens, check the PassengerCountStats table and select Load.
  8. After the Connection settings dialog box appears, select DirectQuery > OK.
  9. Select the Report button on the left side.
  10. Under Visualizations, click to the line chart icon to add a Line chart to your report.
    1. Under Fields, drag the PassengerCount column to Visualizations > Axis.
    2. Drag the SumTripDistance and AvgTripDistance columns to Visualizations > Values.
  11. On the Home tab, select Publish.
  12. Select Save to save your changes.
  13. Choose the file name PassengerAnalysis.pbix, and then select Save.
  14. In the Publish to Power BI window, under Select a destination, choose your NYCTaxiWorkspace1, and then click Select.
  15. Wait for publishing to finish.

For more details,please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/synapse-analytics/get-started-visualize-power-bi 

Hi @V-lianl-msft - This is not the one i am looking for.  Please read out my description for my problem 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.