Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mcumis
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Power BI to Power Automate to PowerPoint - pages, bookmarks, filters, etc.

Hi, this has been touched on elsewhere but not that recently and nothing seems to cover exactly what I'm after.

I have a periodic report covering the whole company, which is sent to senior management. They want everything broken down into separate areas.

What I want to do is:

• Use Power Automate to email a PowerPoint once a month (triggered by http request)
  • This would contain two pages of the same Power BI report repeated multiple times with different filters applied

It doesn't seem to be possible to do this using bookmarked versions of the same page (when trying this I got the "Export report with pages list containing duplicates of page+visual pairs is not supported" error).

Is the only way to do this, to have an individual page for each filter in the report?

PowerBI, Power Automate, Filters, Bookmarks, PowerPoint, ppt, Flow

3 REPLIES 3
mcumis
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Thanks, I thought that was the only option at present but I was hoping someone had found a better one. Looks like I'm stuck with a 25 page report with only marginally different pages.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mcumis,

I think you can try to duplicate the published original reports and hide different report pages. Then you can set subscription or export the reports without hidden contents to achieve your requirement.

Export entire reports to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

That's not really what I wanted though, because this way if I want to make a change to any of the visuals or filters I will have to do that on every iteration rather than once for each of the original two pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.