Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI report Builder - Divide overflwoing row into next row instead of next page

Hi, I have a row with data

Attribute 1 | Attribute 2 | Attribute 3 | Attribute 4 | Attribute 5 | Attribute 6 | Attribute 7 | Attribute 8

Right now its flow from Right to Left(RTL) on a next page. Is it possible to start a new row for attributes after fixed number of columns, lets say 4?

Attribute 1 | Attribute 2 | Attribute 3 | Attribute 4
Attribute 5 | Attribute 6 | Attribute 7 | Attribute 8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
MatthRichardsUK
Resolver I
Resolver I

I've had a look at my version of Report Builder and after updating, I can not find the layout or format areas for a rectangle (one for me to investigate as I'm sure it was there previously). There is another method I can recommend. 

One option is to use the "Matrix" visual in your report. The Matrix visual allows you to display your data in a grid, and you can specify the number of columns that you want to include in each row.

To use the Matrix visual, follow these steps:

1. In the Power BI Report Builder, select the "Insert" tab and click on the "Matrix" icon.

2. In the "Fields" pane, drag the attributes that you want to include in the grid and drop them into the "Rows" or "Columns" area of the Matrix visual.

3. In the "Format" pane (which should be on the right side of the window), go to the "Layout" section.

4. Under "Columns per row", enter the number of columns that you want to include in each row of the grid.

5. The Matrix visual should now display your data in a grid with the specified number of columns per row.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MatthRichardsUK ,

Thanks for replying. I am having hard time following step 3. Can you please see the attached screenshot and guide me on how to find Grid Layout option.

Thanks.

agillani_0-1672752123154.png

MatthRichardsUK
Resolver I
Resolver I

Yes, it is possible to create a new row in your Power BI report after a fixed number of columns. You can do this by adding a rectangle shape to your report and placing the attributes inside the rectangle. You can then set the width of the rectangle to be the same as the width of four columns, and set the layout of the attributes inside the rectangle to be in a grid.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. In the Power BI Report Builder, select the "Insert" tab and click on the "Rectangle" icon.

2. Draw the rectangle on the report canvas, making sure that it is large enough to hold four columns of attributes.

3. Select the rectangle and go to the "Format" tab. Under the "Layout" section, click on the "Layout" dropdown and select "Grid".

4. Drag the attributes from the "Fields" pane and drop them into the grid cells in the rectangle.

5. Adjust the width of the rectangle as needed so that it is the same width as four columns.

6. Repeat this process for any additional rows of attributes that you want to create.

I hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.