Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ejamnadas
Frequent Visitor

Powe bi embedded Mobile Layout Not working

I'm using the javascript API to embed a report into my site, and I worked fine. However, I would like the report to display in mobile layout. I've already created a mobile layout in Power Bi Desktop and published the report. Below is some of my code:

let reportLoadConfigMobile = {
type: "report",
tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed,
accessToken: embedData.accessToken,
id: reportId,
embedUrl: embedData.embedUrl[0].embedUrl,
pageView: "oneColumn",
// Enable this setting to remove gray shoulders from embedded report
settings: {
layoutType: models.LayoutType.MobilePortrait
}
};

let report = powerbi.embed(reportContainer, reportLoadConfigMobile);

My report displays, but not in the mobile layout. 

I know that the mobile layout was published okay because I am able to view the report in mobile view using the PowerBI App.

Is there something I'm missing?
4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ejamnadas,

Did you means to view the embedded content on mobile web browsers and these mobile layout settings not works?

If that is the case, what type and version of the mobile device are you tested? What type of web browsers? Please share more detail info to help us clarify your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

BTW, have you designed the phone layout version of the report that you used to embedded?

Optimize reports for the Power BI mobile apps - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Yes, I want to view the embedded content on mobile web browsers, and the mobile layout settings do not appear to work. Even after I configured the mobile layout settings, the report still displays in the normal, non-mobile format.

And Yes, I have designed the phone layout version of the report that I am using. I designed that in Power Bi Desktop. 

hello @ejamnadas 
were you finally able to embed the mobile design in mobile web browsers?
I now have the same problem.
thank you.

HI @ejamnadas,

What type of device are you tested? What the system versions? I'd like to confirm if this issue existed on mobile devices generally.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.