Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Atl
Regular Visitor

One coworker has expressed concerns about recording Power BI Teams meetings

Hello, 

I always record my Microsoft Teams meetings when working on Power BI tasks. Recording helps me focus on understanding the task and ask questions more effectively. It's faster than taking notes or screenshots during meetings, and I can review the recording later for better understanding and clarification. Additionally, recording serves as evidence in case of any disagreements about what was discussed and agreed upon.

However, one coworker has expressed concerns about recording meetings. Therefore, I need to find an alternative solution that meets all the above requirements.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Atl ,

If recording is the most effective method for you, consider discussing the concerns with your coworker and see if there’s a way to get their consent. Maybe they are uncomfortable with video, but okay with audio recording, or maybe they want assurances about how the recording will be stored and who will have access to it.

In addition, you can refer the following link by Live Notes in Microsoft Teams. Use the Microsoft Teams feature to take live notes during the meeting. This can be shared with all participants and can be accessed later for reference.

Take meeting notes in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support 

Automate note-taking in Microsoft Teams with meeting transcription 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Atl ,

If recording is the most effective method for you, consider discussing the concerns with your coworker and see if there’s a way to get their consent. Maybe they are uncomfortable with video, but okay with audio recording, or maybe they want assurances about how the recording will be stored and who will have access to it.

In addition, you can refer the following link by Live Notes in Microsoft Teams. Use the Microsoft Teams feature to take live notes during the meeting. This can be shared with all participants and can be accessed later for reference.

Take meeting notes in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support 

Automate note-taking in Microsoft Teams with meeting transcription 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.