Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ValentinHESS

[METADATA] Collect GBQ connections infos

Hello all,

I am currently handling a migration GCP to Azure in my company and as part of the project I am analyzing the whole Power BI world of it.

I try with success to collect the metadata and then have almost all the informations needed except one but I don't know if it's possible or not to collect.

Indeed when a Power BI is connected to GBQ sources, in my metadata, I have "GBQ" displayed and no other information such as the project, the dataset or the table/view corresponding.

My question is : Is it possible somehow to collect that kind of information without having to open all my .PBIX one by one ? (I have more than 4k reports)

Thank you in advance for you help

Have a great evening

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
ValentinHESS

Hello

Thank you for your response
As I said I am already collecting metadata from the REST API. My question is more : there is a way to collect the information behind the "GoogleBigQuery" value from a dataset such as the table/view used?

ValentinHESS_0-1715762427852.png

Regards

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ValentinHESS ,

Base on your description, it seems like you are trying to get the metadata info. You can refer the following links to get it by REST API:

Get reports:

Reports - Get Reports - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Get metadta info:

Announcing Scanner API (Admin REST APIs) enhancements to include dataset tables, columns, measures, ...

Using the Power BI Scanner API to Manage Tenant's Entire Metadata

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors