Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BhavnaB
Regular Visitor

In what order are reports returned when calling GetReportsInGroupAsync

We are using Embedded Bi.

We use the GetReportsInGroupAsync method to get a list of reports in a workspace and display to our users.

In what order are these reports returned?

How can i control this if i want to display the reports in a specific order?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BhavnaB,

Yes, I think it is possible to change the report list orders.

AFAIK, GetReportsInGroupAsync will return a list of reports. You can create a dictionary table with name/key and index and used to compare with current report key with the dictionary table and fill them into another list based on the dictionary table index in looping functions.

After these steps, you can use the new list as source in the following operations and it will keep the 'sort order' as same as your dictionary table defined.

Tutorial: Embed Power BI content into an application for your customers#get-the-content-item-you-wan... 

Integrate Power BI into Your Application: Part 3 – Embed Content 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BhavnaB,

Yes, I think it is possible to change the report list orders.

AFAIK, GetReportsInGroupAsync will return a list of reports. You can create a dictionary table with name/key and index and used to compare with current report key with the dictionary table and fill them into another list based on the dictionary table index in looping functions.

After these steps, you can use the new list as source in the following operations and it will keep the 'sort order' as same as your dictionary table defined.

Tutorial: Embed Power BI content into an application for your customers#get-the-content-item-you-wan... 

Integrate Power BI into Your Application: Part 3 – Embed Content 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

Thanks for the suggestion. We will use dictionary tables to sort them before displaying.

Would you know if there's any logic to how the reports will be returned by theGetReportsInGroupAsync , like last updated or in the order they were uploaded?

Hi @BhavnaB,

In fact, GetReportsInGroupAsync is a function to get report lists. I double-check on it but not found any writeback feature to submit changes back to power bi.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.