Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-rasom
Employee
Employee

Ho to get Power BI usage data

Hi,

Can you please let me know how can I pull the power BI usage analytics data in my database.

Scenario:

We need to design customized usage report for our Power BI reports which are spread accross multiple workspaces. I know there is ready made report is available, but it has data only for 90 days. We need a data in our database so that we can play around it as we need.

Current solution:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-usage-metrics#open-a-usage-metrics-report-for-a-da...

Appreciating any help on this.

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Have you checked the Audit Log?

Would that be helpful in your scenario?

Using auditing within your organization

There is no proper way to access the Usage Metrics through Power BI REST API, based on what I know.

To check the Usage Metrics for Power BI Embedded report, you would need to access the Azure Portal.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks Michael for your response, we do not have access to Audit log , we are not admin on this, you mentioned we can use azure portal , can you guide more on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.