Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Highlighting different rows based on same values from a column

Hi folks,

There is a scenario where I want to hightlight values from Column1 and Column2 based on similar values from Column3.

excel1.PNG

For better explanation,I am showing an example. This is the table which has 3 Columns. Based on similar values in column3( C ),

lets says b1 , I want to highlight rows in column1( A ) and column2( B ) which are different. So the cells which will be highlighted will be cell B3 and B4 where as A3 and A4 wont be highlighted because they have similar values.

If cells in Column3( C ) has no duplicate value in the column the extire row will be highlighted. eg : c1 value in column 3.

So after all the calculation the table should look like this.

excel2.PNG

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!

@Greg_Deckler @amitchandak 

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

I'm not clear about your requirement. When need to highlight the values? If column A or column B has the similar value with the one in Column C, it will highlight the values in column A and column B? You can refer the following links to make conditional formatting on the visual:

Apply conditional formatting in tables and matrixes

yingyinr_0-1672296397897.png

highlight row if cell value doesn't match with another row Power BI

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.