Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forge Viewer in PowerBi load and unload a model.

I am currently using a tutorial I found to put the Forge Viewer into PowerBi. And in this the URN is hard coded into the script. What i want to do next, now that i have the viewer working in PowerBi, is be able to load and unload a model based on the list of models that i have.

Currently in PowerBi i have a list of my model that i have along with their URN's. I want to be able to click on this list that is in PowerBi and update my Forge Viewer. So far what I've added is code to unload a model, now i just need to find a way to load another model dynamically. This is what i have for unloading a model that i have add to the visual.ts file.

this.forge_viewer.unloadDocumentNode = function (manifestNode){
         //if model is in memory, just unload it.

let model = this.impl.findModel(manifestNode, true);
         if (model){
             this.impl.unloadModel(model);
             return true;
         }
     }

Can someone guide me in the right direction or show me how to load a model in the way i decscribed above? if that isnt possible would there be another way?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
gmmanfredi
Regular Visitor

Hi!

I'm sorry to use your topic, but it is hard to find people working on the same project.

I am following the same tutorial: Did you manage to complete it?

and i am having troubles in creating building the visual.

did you use 

npm i -g powerbi-visuals-tools@2.5.0 ?

what version of

npm i d3 , npm i @types/d3npm i core-js and npm i powerbi-visuals-api did you use?

The microsoft tutorial https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/power-bi/developer/visuals/environment-setup?tabs=windows makes yo install specific version but i think i have to install others, i just can't get which. 

And last, what is your version of node.js?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69103885/pbiviz-start-error-less-style-visual-less this is the error i get trying to run pbiviz start

Thank you if you can help me

GMM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm sorry I dont have any answer to your problem.

But I am currently following the same tutorial and I'm having trouble at one step for the Excel-forge properties.

Can I contact you to ask you a question to help me with the process ?

Thank in advance

J Mols

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I too could not get this to work on myside, my plan is it use the datamanagement and model derivative api to get the information that pertain to the revit files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.