Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

moltra_work
Frequent Visitor

Exporting 1 page of Power Bi Report to PDF for each value of one column of a table

I am trying to determine the best way to pull the data in 1 column in a table of my report and then cycling through this data and exporting 1 page of the report for each value in the column pulled.

I think the easiest way might be using Python and the Power Bi python package.  But I am not sure if that is the best / easiest way.

I know that I can add filter=table/column eq "datapoint" to the end of the page url to filter the page to the "Datapoint".  I can use a loop in python to cycle through the datapoints.  But to use python I have to get an Azure App registered and that can be a long process due to having to go through corporate IT.

Is there a way to pull 1 table and cycle through the datapoints in a Powerscript?  Power Automate?  Any other way??

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @moltra_work ,

Base on your description, it seems that you are trying to export a Power BI report to PDF for each value of a column in a table. Both of them require Azure App registration when using Python or Powershell. Power Automate can be used to automate the process of exporting Power BI reports. You can create a flow that exports a Power BI report as a PDF and attaches it to an email that is sent on a weekly basis. However, this method might not support exporting the report for each value in a column directly. You might need to create a paginated report for each row in an Excel Online table or SharePoint Online list.

Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Export a paginated report for each row in an Excel Online table or SharePoint list - Power BI | Micr...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response.  looking into it more, I might need to do a little of both.  I need to change the existing page since there is a Photo gallery and a visual that has a horizontal slider.  I am looking at recreating the page in Power bi with the changes needed, and / or creating the page in Paginated report.  I am also looking at using Python to cycle through the values for the filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.